Bodacious Dream was first across the finish line for the SECOND leg of the Atlantic Cup Race! (NYC to Newport, RI) Matt & Dave crossed over tonight at 8:14 EDT! This follows upon their 1st place finish earlier in the week in the FIRST leg of the race (Charleston, SC to NYC.) Get all the latest news on our Facebook page and right here on our LATEST UPDATES page! What an incredible competition this has been, and there’s a THIRD leg of inshore racing coming up this weekend! Stay tuned for that and more photos and videos!
But getting back to today’s race … it was a truly legendary race … and here are SOME of the reasons why.
- Lecoq Cuisine - who finished 8.5 minutes behind BoDream in the first leg – finished just 5 minutes behind them in this one! Gryphon Solo II finishes 3rd, just 10 minutes behind BoDream.
- Even more amazing is that ALL seven competitors finished the 30+ hour race within 45 minutes of each other!
- Weather and wind conditions and variations were extreme and diverse. More on all this soon!
- Interestingly enough, this is the same leg of the Atlantic Cup that Bodacious Dream won last year!
- Total Elapsed Time for Bodacious Dream was 1 day, 6 hours, 19 minutes and 38 seconds!
Below is a photo of BoDream at the moment she crossed “The Jamestown FiSH Finish Line!”
And here is a photo – taken late in the race out the back of BoDream. On the horizon, you can make out Lecoq Cuisine. What a relentless competitor they proved to be!
And in this last photo from earlier this afternoon … when Matt was relieved of his turn at the helm, he decided to forego rest and to juggle clementinas instead!
And this was a race that Dave thought MIGHT just go till Tuesday morning! Instead it was a full tilt sprint right from the gate.
Anyway, that’s about all we have to say right now. MORE photos and videos … interviews AND “expert analysis” coming soon!
We’ll leave it with BiG congratulations to all the teams in the race, to the race organizers and to the whole Bodacious Dream Team … for a job well-done … and of course, to all of you for your steady support!
- Matt, Dave & Bodacious Dream